Hi friends. I’ve put my Teacher hat on and compiled some awesome resources and ideas that #kidlit friends have been sharing, for student lessons and activities during this challenging #shelterinplace time:
- Write to an Author: Here is a list of authors who are happy to be your pen pal: http://www.readingconnectsus.com/…/writetoanauthor-connect…/
- Author Matt de la Peña is writing to students stuck-at-home and invites them to write back (He’s also posting on Instagram): https://www.facebook.com/mattdelapenapage/posts/3006815986028218?__tn__=K-R
(You can write to me too, by the way…)
- OR…Write A Letter …to a grandparent, the neighbors, your best friend, your teacher…Use Beverly Cleary’s DEAR MR. HENSHAW or Mark Teague’s DEAR MRS. LA RUE as mentor texts.
With so many staying home, why not make it #WriteALetter Day every Wednesday?
- Create your own Little Golden Book pdf:–shared by author @sueflies
- Here’s a YouTube of the late Anna Dewdney reading her book, LLAMA LLAMA RED PAJAMA.
- Author read-alouds on Youtube (Some authors are reading on Instagram as well.) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCowhHSUaWp3KJDcuI0nR0vw
- More resources via author Kate Messner: https://www.katemessner.com/read-wonder-and-learn-favorit…/…
- Scholastic has also put together FREE online resources from #ScholasticLearnAtHome to help teachers and parents.
- Illustrators are sharing too. Here’s the link to daily ART lessons from Jarrett Krosoczka!
- Adding my book K IS FOR KINDERGARTEN / Sleeping Bear Press / Illus. by Joseph Cowman –which has easy & FUN #PreK “Kinder Countdown” and #Kindergarten “Kinder Challenge” activities on each spread.
- For older kids, I am posting a #writingprompt a day on Twitter: @erindealey
- And contact me at email@example.com if your kids or class would like to takeover my blog like these third graders from International School in Cambodia.
Stay healthy! We can DO this!